Old 04-19-2024, 01:07 PM   #1393
Busybee

Drives: BRZ limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
So here’s my experience:

I had been considering a few different options over the last couple years as I continued daily driving my Hakone 86. After getting into instructing at NASA and having the opportunity to be in a variety of GR cars, I got the chance to ride with a guy in his GR86 with just some coilovers and some 17” wheels on RT660s and noticed a pretty big difference in speed and handling compared to the first gen. Enough so that it became a serious contender.

I told myself if I could find a white base MT as MSRP, I’d probably do it. Well, the dealer down the street where I had bought my Hakone happened to have just that. Have them a call. Told them what I wanted. Showed up. Went back and forth for maybe 10min tops and they got me what I wanted, to include the value for my Hakone I traded in, and MSRP for the new car.

So now I have a Halo 2024 GR86 and couldn’t be happier.

The dealers around me asking for %20 markups are asking only for the Trueno edition. He apparently told me I can give you a PP base or premium with msrp. According to the GR86 allocation list that someone shared (I found my car from there) there were only 4 premiums with PP.

So they know special edition is selling and they just wait for it. The maximum they went down from the 8.5K markup was 1500K

Ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazda 323F BA 1997 - Overseas
Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
Busybee is offline   Reply With Quote