View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 11:01 AM   #2
AnalogMan

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited 6 speed Red
Thanked 1,012 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FWIW, I personally wouldn't have a problem with a car with 7k miles over 10 years. That seems like enough use to keep things lubricated, and to have worked out the kinks. I've owned a number of cars over the years I found with low mileage, and had many years of fun and reliable service from them.

BUT... I might have some concerns with this particular car.

First, I'm no engine expert, but you might want to ask those who know about supercharging a BRZ engine without modifying the internal parts with stronger pieces. I've heard people say (including a local very knowledgeable Subaru tuner shop) that the base 2.0 BRZ engine can't handle much boost without bending connecting rods and doing other bad things to internal moving parts. If this car has only a supercharger and no other mechanical modifications, it might be in for a short (or expensive) life.

Second, it always pays to consider who's selling a car. This dealer seems to have a lot of 'low mileage' cars on his website. Maybe it's his 'thing' and he seeks out low mileage cars, but other comments suggest there may be reasons to question and avoid dealing with him.

Go with your gut. If something seems not right and you don't feel comfortable, it's probably for a reason.

As always, caveat emptor.
AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote