View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 02:08 AM   #41
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojuniour View Post
You still need a keyfob somewhere in the car for the initial starting sequence (although you can still start the car but it would die in like few seconds as the ECU unable to find any valid key).
I have a dummy keyfob that I removed from its case (and just the bare PCB). It will be powered by Arduino as i send a ground pin to it momentarily to kick off the sequence. as soon as the car starts, i can then deenergize the key.
The car will still continue to run and would still think there is a valid key because it doesn't periodically check until one of the doors is opened ( and closed). The car will still continue to run until you stop sending the command or somehow the arduino was removed/disconnected.
In my case, as soon as the door is opened and stayed open, and you don't have a valid keyfob and you initiated the takeover sequence (by holding the push start and brake at same time), the car would shut off. Period.
There is a couple of things you can do, for push start cars the challenge response can be just brute force by keep sending challenges to the certification ecu. Record all the responses (will take a while). Once you have all those saved. You can replay it. The possibilities are very large, so you have to have some sort of external EEPROM, or flash. Turnkey cars are slightly different on some IDs due to the fact the BCM and Cluster are involved. but its doable.