View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 12:23 AM   #39
ojuniour

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2017
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post
This is all all interesting. so for starting, you did not have a valid key fob in the car but you keeped sending the to keep ACC, IG1 anf IG2 on? and that keeped the car alive, and your checking periodically or passively if the bit for the "valid key present". Eventually if it is, you do the handoff? If someone opens the door and the valid key isnt present just turn off the car vy stopping the power command basicly?
You still need a keyfob somewhere in the car for the initial starting sequence (although you can still start the car but it would die in like few seconds as the ECU unable to find any valid key).
I have a dummy keyfob that I removed from its case (and just the bare PCB). It will be powered by Arduino as i send a ground pin to it momentarily to kick off the sequence. as soon as the car starts, i can then deenergize the key.
The car will still continue to run and would still think there is a valid key because it doesn't periodically check until one of the doors is opened ( and closed). The car will still continue to run until you stop sending the command or somehow the arduino was removed/disconnected.
In my case, as soon as the door is opened and stayed open, and you don't have a valid keyfob and you initiated the takeover sequence (by holding the push start and brake at same time), the car would shut off. Period.
ojuniour is offline   Reply With Quote