View Single Post
Old 11-28-2023, 12:17 PM   #170
jcaserta

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post
This is interesting. Read through your journal thread and saw some others having slight rubbing issues with +35's on 245's. Weird. I see people on here and the other STX setup threads running +42 without spacers. Probably a 40/60 mix on +42/35. If yours and others are rubbing with +35, I don't know how they're getting away +42. Possibly different ride heights. Even then, if it's rubbing on the inner fender, that doesn't really help.

Maybe going with +35 isn't a bad idea then.
First of all it's only 7mm we're talking about so other factors can matter more, but of course it helps.

Second of all whether you rub depends on your 1) ride height 2) alignment 3) springs and shocks 4) level of grip and 5) how bumpy the site is.

If a good driver on an ideal setup is cornering hard and hits a bump mid corner, that's going to take a lot to not rub. Whereas if the site isn't bumpy, it'd be much less likely.

Anyway I run +35mm also with a 5mm spacer in front, with 4.8 camber and 245 yoks. I usually don't rub but sometimes will rub a little where the fender liner goes over the brake line at high grip bumpy sites. The rear I don't have a spacer, and no rubbing no matter what.

I'd just do 35mm on a gen1.
jcaserta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jcaserta For This Useful Post:
autoracer86 (11-29-2023)