Old 10-31-2023, 06:21 AM   #9
alex87f
Meow

Drives: GT86, Volvo 996
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojuniour View Post
Long story short i've been having misfires for a while now and i even posted a thread about it: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153985

But lately things have gotten worse.
For the past few months, I've been progressively getting a long crank. it has gotten worse overtime.
The first time it finally starts, I can only drive for like an hour or so and as soon as I slow down (in traffic or traffic light), the engine just stalls - lights on and all (so not a battery issue). I had to start it again - at this point I didn’t experience the [super] long start.
Well now, it got worse over time.. when it stalls now, it takes about few cranks
to get rolling again.
And the kicker now is the amount of time it takes for it to stall reduces overtime. Basically like maybe about half an hour [that I drive around or even sitting at idle], it just stalls - fuel cut of some sort, and after consecutive next successful startup the length of the engine running reduces all the way down to like a few minutes. And I have to wait like 10 to 15 minutes to get it started again - going through multiple long crank.
Only thing that came through my mind is maybe the coolant temp sensor is the cause? But the techstream/ecutek seems to be reading things right - but I still have a feeling there might be something that’s overheating…no idea.
I have changed the sparks, coils, crank position sensor, camshaft sensor, tested battery (good). THe coolant temp seems fine (so I kinda ruled out the temp sensor) 0- All these being monitored on the ecuTek app.
Last result is to use techstream to see if I get get any useful freeze data during the stalling below:
[See Attached pictures]

I would really appreciate if anyone can sorta point me in the right direct looking at the freeze data. Only thing i am sorta aware of is the fuel pressure not matching the target.
I'm by no means an expert, but am I correct in reading that your MAF shows higher air mass as the rpms go down?
alex87f is offline   Reply With Quote