Old 10-16-2023, 01:28 PM   #9062
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,160 Times in 1,997 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
My wife got a new job & that put more responsibility on my end. Which means, more driving time for me, which is fine… only con is the current gas price. It’s not fun filling Toyota Highlander about once a week ($55~$70 per fill up). Thinking about trading for an EV. My work has free charging station for all the employees, so while working I can charge it. KBB claims HL is worth $41k~$45k trade-in & I still own like $20k, so putting $21k~$25k for DP isn’t bad. Not planning to drive anywhere long or drive to vacation for minimum of 2 yrs (due to wife’s work). Even if I did, I can use my wife’s WRX.

Subaru is doing 0% APR for finance or $399/month for leasing (3hrs) on their Solterra (base model only). But I’m kinda scared buying Subaru’s first model. There’s always a weird issues. Hyundai Ioniq 5 is an interesting as well.

Any 2 cents?

+1 for Hyundai Ioniq. I have a few friends that own it and they have nothing but good things to say. There's also the Kia EV6.

The one thing one of my friends ran into with an Ionic is the placement of the intake for your AC ventilation. Is in the hood trunk, and it doesn't necessarily have a mesh that would prevent, say, a foreign body, like a mouse that decided to nest inside said intake, and that once the vehicle was turned on, the intake fan sucked the mouse and decided to effectively eviscerate it. Of course, this set of event was triggered by the fact that he lives in the middle of nowhere in a heavily wooded area.
spcmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spcmafia For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (10-16-2023)