Old 09-05-2023, 03:40 PM   #24
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,230 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
Larger rotors create more brake torque for a given squeeze. They can absorb more heat and they cool faster. Better calipers have their own advantages over stock calipers but the easiest, cheapest way to improve your brakes (after pads & fluid) is larger rotors and they're usually much cheaper than calipers.
Stock brakes are more than capable of locking up even Hoosiers, so why do you NEED more front brake torque?

You've mentioned before you aren't going to be tracking this car, but you want to drop as much weight as possible.

AP Sprint Kit, Rear seat delete, lightweight battery.......you've just dropped 65-70 lbs. You can drop some more with a single exit, Ti Tomei exhaust not sure how much. Depending on what you do with wheel tire setups, you may or may not lose weight....TWS are about the lightest wheels you can buy I think, but they do not come cheap.

But you're about $10k deep at that point, for what? I seriously doubt you'll notice a big difference on the road for less than a 100lb weight drop.

For instance my 18x9.5s are lighter than the factory 18x7.5 (and they are just flow formed, not even fully forged), but I suspect the wider tires offset that.