Old 07-09-2023, 06:49 PM   #5978
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstond151 View Post
Any advice on where I should mount the CCV Radium catch can (driver’s side)? It is designed to go in the exact same place as the Rotrex oil reservoir for the JRSC. It’s also the same place I have my P Tuning flex fuel module mounted. Space is getting tight…
I made a bracket to relocate the reservoir to the center between the strut braces at roughly the same height as its original location on the driver's side. Getting some extra 15-20' of Gates hoses in whatever IDs you need, 3/8, 5/16, and 1/2," is really handy to cut whatever lengths you need to get the CCs and reservoir placed and routed happily.

I also had an issue with the CCV side fouling my MAF sensor and installed a CCV CC at Zach's recommendation. With an OEM intake tract, the CCV is after the MAF, with the JRSC it's ahead of it so it can develop a faint film from oil vapor. I have the Radium CCV oil can on the driver's side, PCV can on the passenger's side. Routing the PCV and CCV pickups to a single collector can turn into a whole bag of fuckery with check valves and tricky routings to ensure the airflow is going in the right direction and flowing properly when all the various hoses are in vacuum or are pressurized. Two separate cans is the way to go because it keeps things functionally simple; each can does one job.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wheelhaus For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (07-10-2023)