View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 08:30 AM   #31
autoracer86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
I won't call specific numbers, so probably would think how much more "relative to stock caster", just that remember reading few years ago in thread about powersteering switching off with slicks and also extra caster. Reverting caster increase fixed IIRC. My guess, that also other bits that make steering heavier (and thus "add work" for powersteering to do), may cause similar possibility, eg. increasing scrub radius by high offset difference vs stock.
EPS supposedly was among improved things.. not recalling when exactly though, for MY2015 or for restyle MY2017. As i limit my tire choice to UUHP 225 width class, i've yet to see such issue, even if having early twin. As free bonus, not going overboard with tire grip still leaves stock suspension & brakes semi usable on track, thus also no compromises for dual-use for daily driving compliance aswell.
You can skip overthinking on caster/EPS issue. Just keep in mind as ways to fix if you'll get it (i.e. reducing bits that "make steering heavier", like lessen caster/or way different from stock wheels offset (for eg. flush fitment sake)).
You said so much but said nothing at the same time

If I keep with my current plans I should have around 8.9. Stock my car is 5.2
autoracer86 is offline   Reply With Quote