RT-BRZ
FNG

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved View Post
@RT-BRZ

Thanks for the reply, very helpful - for the sliding restriction, do you see any way to measure the difference to stock seats? Im only 5'11 but have a long torso and like to sit very upright so my guess is I'd be fine, but others in this thread might need the leg room.

Also when you were selecting the Braum model, did you determine if all their reclining seats have very similar dimensions which would yield the same increase in headroom? I noticed there is at least one model that is full cloth and has much more significant thigh bolsters.
Well, I do have sliders on them but they definitely don't slide like the stock seats. However, I don't mind it because the slightly reduced leg room just means that I'm a little more "poured" into the cockpit.

I honestly didn't pay much attention to the dimensions of the various seats. I really stuck to the visuals because I already knew that too much thigh bolster would have been very challenging so I stayed away from those types of seats. I also only chose a reclining seat because I don't have a roll bar. I also ordered these during the height of the pandemic so I was a little stuck on choices.

The bottom line here is that at 6'4" and 255lbs. I still find that it works just fine for me. I'm generally a larger frame guy too so while I'm not all torso, I'm gangly enough that all of the usual challenges people run into can be an issue for me too.

I'm on my local region board so I'm driving in a few different things and I'm adding Time Trials to the list this year. Depending on how that goes may send me down the rabbit hole of a roll bar and fixed back seats and harnesses so I'll likely be changing again.
RT-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote