Locust
Custom User Title

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S, 2012 OB Evo X MR
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Locust
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post
What are you STXers running for tires this year? Noticing mostly everyone is switching over from Falkens and Yoks to the new Stones here locally in street and street touring.

245/40/17 Yoks used to be the ticket in street touring, but I'm thinking we might see a mix up of Yoks/Stones at spring nats.

Crows Landing had the top two on Bridgestones... so they look like the top tire even for camber limited cars now.
I disagree with your assessment that "mostly everyone" is switching and your view of the Crow's tour is off. Bryan was smashing everyone on Nexens a few years ago because he's just that fast. They seem pretty evenly matched with the temperatures being more of the differentiator. The Bridgestones are more heat tolerant than the Yokohamas so as we head into the summer months if you don't see them pull ahead I would say the Yoks are still the better tire.

I have a new set of wheels on the way and am going to pick up a set of Bridgestones and do back to back testing out at Packwood throughout the year so will see how that goes.

Instagram:
LocustAutoX
Sponsors:
DSGPerformance Drift Office Evil Apex Racing

Locust is offline   Reply With Quote