Old 03-27-2023, 03:58 PM   #20
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,181 Times in 6,837 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulebrero View Post
I usually take it easy on the first and last lap as soon as I see the checkered flag, and usually though not always drive around the paddock for a few minutes after.

I haven’t engaged ABS but once in the rain, my lap times aren’t braking any records, and I’m running RS4s which aren’t the stickiest tires in the world. Based on everything I’m reading, however, it would appear I’m somehow braking harder than the average Joe. I have yet to put a single tire off track or have a spin/off of any kind even in the rain—but of course now that I say it, it’ll be the first thing to happen next time I’m on track. I don’t baby it on track, but I’m also not 10/10 out there.

It seems I need a real BBK. I may need a few days to accept this was the costliest decision of my build so far as I may need to buy new wheels and tires because my 17x9s likely won’t fit anymore.

On a separate note, I have a kidney for sale. Make an offer.
You are 1. getting the rotors very hot and 2. thermal shocking the braking system.

Based on the amount of heat you are generating, I recommend you look for a much heavier BBK, rather than the weight-reduction based BBK you are currently using.

Check out this thread, for example.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147978

Keep in mind that it is VERY easy to inadvertently get into ABS on a modern car without even realizing it. You may not even feel the ABS engaging, as modern ABS pulses very quickly, and you only really get the crunchy feel when you're DEEP into ABS.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote