View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 02:54 PM   #885
Vracer111

Drives: '13 Nissan Frontier (4.0L 6spd 2WD)
Thanked 1,245 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Please post your thoughts on this after you run it. I have heard they are decent and it is kind of hard to ignore the price.
Will do. Originally got it to run on an M1A, but no matter what I tried there wasn't enough eye relief for it to work with the Sadlak rail. Was about ready to get rid of the M1A (Aero M5 was done as its replacement) but just yesterday got in something I ordered last year which wasn't sure would get but took chance on. Package was the Blackfeather RS chassis system, so since I finally got it will at least build up the M1A and see if I feel like keeping it when it's about as good as you can do for accurizing and better fitting the M1A. Just ordered stock (MDT SCS) and pistol grip (MPA EVG of course!) for the chassis. This is what sold me on the Blackfeather RS & MDT SCS for a standard M1A:

The M1A is fun to shoot, but bugs me with its stock ergonomics and how it's close to the aim point but still varying all over the place when trying to zero on a 12" plate at 150 yards. My Marlin 30AS absolutely outshoots it no problem free standing or kneeling at 150 yards with iron sight setup...nails the plate almost every single time. With the M1A am prone on ground while supporting/stabilizing it as much as possible and using a 1-4X Hawke Endurance LPVO it simply won't zero well at all, constantly shifting around chasing a zero. Using the iron sights seems a little better but still pretty inconsistant. If it won't consistently hold a zero with the Blackfeather RS chassis system then it will be gone. Want to run a red-dot with magnification if it can prove consistant.

Last edited by Vracer111; 03-15-2023 at 03:29 PM.
Vracer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vracer111 For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (03-15-2023), weederr33 (03-15-2023)