View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 09:44 PM   #14
Joon525

Drives: 2016 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Ya by "Shell" I meant it looks like an 86 but there will be very little left that makes an 86 an 86. Maybe I am waxing a little philosophical there more than being literal.

Yes many race cars will cost you much much more but since this is (at this point at least) only approved in the NASA Super Touring category it is a shit ton of money!
I just got back from PRI where I saw this car in person. Me and the other guys in/from my shop talked with the Scalar team for a while about this project. There is a lot of "86" left in this chassis. More than you would think. But like with any conversion of course there has to be some changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
With the battery capacity, power and range I was pretty shocked to see the weight is only about 200lb more than the standard car. Looks like it would be rear heavy. Their website says "Weight Distribution: similar to mid-engine race car" ha. It'll be fast for sure.
We asked about this and the weight distribution was a very conscious subject during the build. And yeah, 200lb more than a regular 2nd Gen isn't too bad for the power you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Consider that the similarly factory race-prepped 86 cup race car is like $125k and $200k doesn't look quite as absurd. This can run in multiple competition classes too, not just a spec class. If they actually ship some of these I could see it shaking things up a little.
Yup! Racing's not cheap! lol
Attached Images

Joon525 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joon525 For This Useful Post:
Dzmitry (12-20-2022), fredzy (12-11-2022), Tcoat (12-12-2022)