Old 11-07-2022, 07:11 PM   #6
VoltsFRS2013

Drives: 2022' GR86 Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
I haven't tried hyper polish but it's been on the list of things to buy. I have local access to get some along with other opti-coat branded stuff like MDR and ferrex.

Hyper seal is great, I have some of the old formula left that I used with gloss coat on my car. Gloss coat didn't last particularly long on lower panels with our winters, but using hyper seal as a dry aid every wash really kept the paint mostly contamination free the three years before I applied another coating.
For sure! Ferrex is amazing, especially because you can use it as a clay lubricant for a clay towel and knock out two birds with one stone.

Glosscoat has been my favorite coating to install and a staple for all of my clients for my detailing business. The thing however I've found is that you can't follow the install instructions. 8 to 10 droplets per panel is not enough and that's what they tell you to do on the bottle.

I do about 30-40 drops to "prime" my applicator pad and then about 15-25 per panel depending on the size and let it dwell for a good bit and self level prior to wiping. The golden ticket has been waiting about an hour and a half after install and then going back and layering Hyperseal instead of OptiSeal to really lock it in.
VoltsFRS2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VoltsFRS2013 For This Useful Post:
RToyo86 (06-03-2023)