NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,381 Times in 7,414 Posts
Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi788 View Post
I have 50k miles on my supposedly cursed, recall ridden model year 2013. 15-20k of those are very hard track miles.

Like others said, maintenance is key. Limiting your tire selection to 200tw tires doesn't hurt either.

My maintenance schedule on my track only car is oil change every 6ish track days (averaged about 25-30 track days/year in 2017-2019), brake fluid once at the beginning of the season and again somewhere around June/July. Diff and trans fluid at the beginning of every year. Seems to be working good.

After seeing blown up subies and reading all the FA horror stories I have started to think that I am on borrowed time. But she just keeps going.
That is why I am plasti gauging my rod bearings this winter along with doing a leakdown and compression test. I've seen enough oil starvation on track that I am considering that maintenance with this engine being over 100K. That being said, I have seen oil pressure dropout into the teens and single digits a lot and it is still going.