View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 05:15 AM   #43
ruturaj001

Drives: BRZ 2023
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by APEX Race Parts View Post
The gen II is a little funky when it comes to wheel fitment, mainly at the rear of the car where a higher wheel offset is favorable for fender clearance - especially for enthusiasts that are not interested in trimming. After performing 3d laser scanning and on-car fitment testing, we felt it was best to engineer new wheel specs specifically for the gen II so owners weren't forced to make compromises or modifications.

The new 17x8.5" ET44 is an easy bolt-on solution as shown above, and the new 17x9" ET48 has a slightly higher offset in comparison to the Gen I 9" fitments we offer (ET42 & ET35) so that the rear is easier to tuck under the fenders.

With that said, if a gen II owner has negative camber dialed in and is willing to trim their rear fenders, they can certainly go for one of our lower offset 9" "gen I" wheels.
- Ryan
Thanks Ryan.

In context of 9" width only, I know anything below 40-42 offset causes rubbing with fender in rear and anything above causes rubbing with suspension in front. I assume 48 would have same issue of rubbing with springs?

The set up I want does actually makes problem worse for me, I wanted slight negative camber in front only, no rear camber. Don't want to cut fenders but I would be going with aftermarket suspension along side wheel upgrade.
ruturaj001 is offline   Reply With Quote