View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 10:45 AM   #14
smithp4ntz

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S Release Series 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Great DIY. I am having a small issue with the install, most likely due to the model of FRS.

I have a 2016 Scion FR-S Release Series 2.0. This model came with an 8pin harness, a connector to the motor, and the turn signal connector for the light in the bumper.

I have the stock turn signal relay, and stock tail lights.

After install the Headlights with the DRL running from the fuse box. I noticed that engaging either turn signal would engage the hazards.

I have e-mailed Morimoto asking for some assistance.

After reading that the FT86SF Head lights were made by the same manufacturer, the following warning on their site has me thinking I may need to do some re-wiring. I've also noticed from this thread that I may need to unpin the blue wire.

From ft86sf: OTE: "For the 2017 Toyota 86 model only the white and yellow pins on the headlight harness need to be switched for the turn signals to functional normally. Other models may require pin swapping as well. Quick swap plug and play harness is available for an additional cost."

When Morimoto gets back to me, I'll post an update. If anyone has any ideas about next steps for the Release Series 2 they would be much appreciated.

Thanks Again everyone for all of your great posts. Learn lots on this forum.
smithp4ntz is offline   Reply With Quote