View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 12:29 AM   #215
Thatllbuffout

Drives: WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Yes, insult my intelligence and flaunt your mistaken perception that I am young and uneducated about economics...you are laughable.
I'm assuming i'm the cohort in his comment. I appreciate him calling me young tho, I try to workout and eat healthy, so thank you. Other then that I couldn't be bothered to make it through his wall of text. I'm sure it contained some unfounded nonsense that he understands the world better then anyone else and why doesn't everyone think like he thinks. He does seem to be taking this all a bit personal.

I stated an opinion that I do not like dealerships. Him, nor anyone else will change my opinion on that. While shopping for a twin, I spoke with 42 Toyota dealerships, all with markups of $5,000-$10,000. This doesn't include around $2,000 in dealer fees and unwanted addons. There were 5 dealers that were willing to be at MSRP but were not doing pre-order and had no idea when more were coming in. I spoke with 24 Subaru Dealers before finding one that would order a 23' BRZ with no dealer fee and no markups. My point is I feel my sample size of 65 dealers was large enough to support my continued dislike of dealers.

Ironically there was an article on Jalopnik today about this very topic. Dealers are destroying brand loyalty through predatory tactics and massive markups. Manufactueres are pissed but legally there isn't anything they can do about it.
Thatllbuffout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thatllbuffout For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (08-12-2022)