View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 04:45 PM   #210
CaptainFenderbaum

Drives: women crazy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Sales people generally add nothing positive (except a higher OTD cost) to any of the experiences I've had buying cars. I always know more about the car and its features, I always walk in pre-qualified with excellent credit if I'm not paying all cash, and having to wait while the salespeople "talk" with their manager/sales manager/gm every time we are trying to reach a fair deal is a waste of time.

This is why I only now deal with sales managers/internet sales over email (IN WRITING) so the dealership employees can't make-up random excuses for why the price is suddenly higher, that they made a mistake with the numbers, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
If you have a shady salesforce it is because they have a shady manager. Not sure how dealing directly with that manager helps. Most of the online replies are done by some random sales guy from the floor so again no real difference. If it makes you feel better that you somehow pulled one over on them then great.
You misunderstood the import part of the advice the Wolf was giving (which he conveniently capitalized for emphasis). The point was that when dealing with snakes, it's wise to get things in writing. The specific title of the person you're dealing with is mostly beside the point.
CaptainFenderbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainFenderbaum For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-11-2022)