wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,849 Times in 1,638 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Hi folks,

Didn't read this thread for a long time, sorry for the delayed reply.

The incident took place Aug 2020 and what do you know it's almost 2 years ago and I haven't been called to attend the initial summons. The original summons date was 3 months after the incident, and when I called in before attending it was advised that summons dates were cancelled for that time and a new date notification would be mailed to me when it is set.
The police officer stated that he wrote the ticket since he thought that I, "deliberately broke traction at all 4 wheels", in other words, drifting. Perhaps upon examination of any 3vidence he.might present, it was determined this isn't a solid case at all, and maybe pushed aside for legitimate cases.
For the record, I sped up to make a green light to turn left onto the highway. I DID NOT drift. Certainly didn't deliberately try to lose traction, tires are way too expensive. But, I did accelerate briskly upon completion of the turn amd he witnessed it but couldn't clock me for speeding. Perhaps the supercharger, staggered rears and the rear LSD caused his eyes to pop.

I am hoping that even if it did come up now I could argue they violated my right to a speedy trial. The overall cost so far is approx $800 for a week storage and towing plus Uber to reinstate license and pick up my car at the storage yard monopoly. No way the cops let a private business make so much profit without serious kickbacks.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.