View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 01:32 PM   #1
larryt

Drives: 2018 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
rr-racing Wilwood issues

I picked up the Wilwood Stage IV calipers along with the rear caliper set up for the BRZ. This included new rotors. I have a few posts regarding pads and squeaking below, but I am starting to think I have a caliper issue to deal with first. These things are literally locked up and I think that led to glazing of the pads (thus the intense squealing/squeaking).

I am trying to figure out why these may have locked up, but also find out if anyone else has had any issues with these calipers?

Some basic facts:

- We have driven about 2000 miles since install
- We replaced the brake lines with new steel lines
- We have removed the calipers from the car to rule out anything from the lines
to the M/C as causing the issue.
-The calipers are on the bench and the pistons will only move if applying
pressure (air in this case) or using a mechanical spreader. They will not budge
no matter how much force I apply manually.
-Before removing the calipers it was clear that the drag was much greater than
under normal conditions.

I think it is fair to say the seals/o-rings are the problem, but why would they have this sort of failure so quickly? Am I going to continue to have this problem? Or should I be thinking that it is something else.

If anyone else has experienced this please let me know and how or if you were able to resolve the issue.

I contacted rr-racing, but they could only offer to look at them if I shipped them back without much insight as to possible causes. That may be the best thing to do, but if I am going to have recurring problems I would rather find out sooner than later so I can move on having experienced an expensive lesson without investing too much more time.

Thanks.
larryt is offline   Reply With Quote