Old 06-29-2022, 10:01 AM   #46
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,209 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Its slow compared to what?

and what is considered slow to a driver?

I acknowledge that this car is slow...but i don't know what "slow" is considered to some people. I dont find this car slow. Besides just mashing the pedal down and getting that feeling of speed...im already over the speed limit in like 2 seconds....and im immediately taking my foot of the gas because I'm not gonna be that speeder douche.
Perhaps ive driven enough modern torqueless wonder econoboxes to not get spoiled by gobs of unusable power.
(2ZZ 1.8L VVTLi motor, Honda fit Earth Dreams 1.5L, 2ZR-FSE 1.8L 137hp with valvematic) The BMW X1 B48 2.0 Turbo 225hp is probably the most powerful car i've ever owned.

Plus this is a small high revver of an engine, most people are scared to rev their cars past 5000rpm, because it makes alot of noise. My wife (then gf) would not redline her old Nissan Versa way back when when it was needed to make a pass on a highway. I noticed it everytime and told her everytime you can redline the car to get maximum power but she refused to do so (she only revved it to like 5000rpm or so, redline was 6500 i think) So we'd make a highway pass slower than it could have been.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sasquachulator For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (06-29-2022)