View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 10:51 PM   #19
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen3v8 View Post
Now measure the back. If it`s more than 355 it pushes the front lip down. So if it``s lower than 350mm it lifts the front lip up because of the rake angle. My rake angle is what was given by MCA for a recommended track street option.
Your front is maybe low enough, maybe coilovers is your best option. Mine is one of the quick NAs on the track with the setup I run and for a slightly above average driver(very slightlyLOL).
When you lower the rear the negative camber increases. So its nice to keep the front camber a few degrees more negative. Camber bolts will be good for the front Not too much or the inside of the tire wears if you don`t corner hard enough. The rear is harder to match or adjust camber without Adjustable lower control arms for example.
I`ll try to find some pics with the same tires and wheels STD and Lowered. Found some with 225 45 17 Nitto Nt01`s. I think you can see the rear seems lower?
Good luck with your decision.
Thanks, I’ll check the rear I believe it is higher than the front. Im not doubting your suspension setup, I just want to make sure nothings wrong with my stock suspension before I change springs. I’m basing my ride height drop based on my current height. If my springs for whatever reason are sitting lower than they’re meant to, then putting a 25-20mm may only lower me 5mm more than I’m currently at rather than the full 25mm from where it currently sits if that makes sense…

I currently have a set of whiteline 25mm springs and camber bolts that I’ve been hesitant to put on.

Edit- measured the rear and it’s 360mm from centre of centre cap to lip, which lines up with what I thought was the factory higher rear if my fronts are around 350-355. My measurements were on my driver side which I’m pretty sure sits higher than the passenger by design

Last edited by Sam86; 06-11-2022 at 06:19 AM.
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote