View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 01:37 PM   #12
PulsarBeeerz

Drives: JRSC BRZ SOLD
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
Haha I didn't mean my comment seriously (see the smiley), but ok being a bit more serious now. Most of the difference with the TS trim comes down to the MPS4 tires. The TS and the 2022 upper trims pull the same skidpad numbers on the same tires, regardless of the TS suspension. The BBK won't help, C&D got the 2022 brakes to last the full hot lap. The OEM TS aero is mild, even Subaru admits that. Chassis bracing, not going to have a meaningful effect.

If you took a base 1st gen BRZ and simply changed to the MPS4 tires, you'd find most of the difference in time there. The MPS4 tires generate ~0.98g lateral grip compared to ~0.90 on the Primacy's. That's a huge difference, more than any of the other changes on the TS.

Well, lets keep this going because I disagree with judging possible lap times based on peak G levels at skidpad. Its one data point of a steady state one dimensional test. There is no relevance on dynamic handling or driver confidence. Its like 0-60 test vs real world. No one drives the brochure numbers; unless you own a Tesla..

Anyway, are you saying all the track focused modifications done on the TS don't really do anything? I do find that interesting. I agree that the same tires would help a regular 1Gen shave ~3-4sec and then E85 would close it further. BUT, a few degrees of front camber on the 2Gen and way she goes boys. Way she freaking goes.
PulsarBeeerz is offline   Reply With Quote