View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 02:53 PM   #1
86Andy

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PD Supercharger top end? Butt dyno question

I’m saving for a supercharger kit and supporting mods at the moment—I’ve read every thread I could find but couldn’t find thoughts on this question. Dyno graphs aside, does a positive displacement SC like edelbrock feel weak up top? I know it provides more torque down low as opposed to the JRSC building to the top end but looking for thoughts from anyone whose driven one.

I have EL headers with a modest tune and love the surge up top, but would like more midrange grunt. Five million forum pages later I still can’t decide between Edelbrock and JR—with Edelbrock would I lose that top end “Surge” feeling? I guess as a secondary question is the midrange torque difference with the JR centrifugal sufficient for just a bit of extra oomph in a DD?

I really need to find someone local to try out both options. I apologize in advance if these are dumb questions, I’ve never driven an FI car. I usually keep in around 3500-5500 rpm but love love love hitting redline to wring the power out when I get the chance.
86Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86Andy For This Useful Post:
Tatsu333 (02-09-2022)