Kelse92
At the track

Drives: '14 FRS - Former e92 M3
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfool View Post
Care to share?
500f/600r, I know most are at 300-400 range for autox but figured this would be better for the aero setup. May play around with rates some more this season but not sure how many times I want to re-align the car. I kind of like to just set it and forget it and drive. Plus the end-goal for this car is probably to not autocross it forever so I was thinking longer-term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Also curious about the Nitrons, was looking at this for another car but stateside sales was not very confidence inspiring. UK reps were better but I wasn’t totally convinced they would be a good solution for me.
Ordered mine from Inertia Lab. Chris is local to me and can dyno/service/revalve them easily so I took his recommendation.
I’m not gonna lie I’ve had some growing pains with them. The first set I got had lots of problems with the front droop/ride height (initial install resulted in my car being 2” higher than stock at lowest adjustment lol) but the rears came perfect so I drove on a mismatched coilover setup in-between for 2 mos.

We spent many late nights in July/August trying to get the car ready for nats on phone calls and e-mails with Chris/Nitron getting everything re-done to have the right length bodies and shock travel. I can’t finger-point what happened to cause the issue with the fronts in the first place, but they resolved everything quickly (considering overseas shipping) at no extra cost with great service to have the fronts fit my requested specs, and are still working with us to redesign a couple components for legal additional camber. Right now everything maxed out is -3.2 deg in front.

Overall, now that the whole ordeal is mostly over I’m really happy with them. Their bodies/hardware are great quality and the car handles great. If I had to do it over, the time spent in my case I’m not sure, but I feel like that’s an odd situation and I have a platform they probably don’t get a lot of orders for. If you are looking for them for a BMW/Lotus/Porsche which they build the most for I think they’re an excellent option.
racingfool (01-18-2022), strat61caster (01-17-2022)