View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 10:03 AM   #1
martin155

Drives: -
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRZ/GT86 vs 350Z/370Z

Hi guys,

I am choosing my first drift car. I am new, but I would like to find the platform to keep for a long time. Right now I am hesitating between the BRZ/GT86 vs 350Z/370Z. I am more inclined towards the BRZ, only concern is the power in the long run.

I would like to have light car with great handling but more power (somewhere between 300-500 HP in the future)..more importantly reliable.

One of the reasons why I am posting is I am afraid that I will loose the car's perks during HP hunting (e.g. swapping the engine and worsen the car balance and handling). Is it better to "just" turbocharge the car rather than doing the engine swap?

The BRZ/GT86 is probably more fun car than Nissan so I definitely want that. At the same time what is the cost value ratio, in case I want more powerful application, will I be better off with 350Z/370Z?

In another words, is it harder/more expensive to improve Nissan handling or increase BRZ/GT86 power. And in a few years (when I sum up all my expension), if I want to have car with exceptional handling and certain power (higher than stock BRZ/GT86 can offer) what will be cheaper?

And will I be able to get as good car control in 350Z/370Z with some modifications as in BRZ/GT86 at all?

Thank you very much for any advice.
martin155 is offline   Reply With Quote