View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 11:46 AM   #14
visbits

Drives: Garbage.
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
Yeah, I have the K24 starter too. I figured I could grind down the adapter plate and transmission or just buy a new starter and hope to get a discount with a core trade.

Kpower says the K24 starter has a wide snout that creates interference with the transmission. Sounds like they may be implying that this could make the transmission not sit flush with the adapter plate and twist off the clutch or something, so to avoid having people grind the transmission bellhousing and avoid the temptation to force the K24 starter in position, they require the K20 slim snout starter and created a smaller opening on the adapter, so only the K20 starter would fit.

I would mount the adapter to the transmission without attaching it to the engine and mount the K24 starter to the adapter and look inside the transmission or feel for contact/interference.

I also like the mounting point you made for the Haltech. I’ll probably do that with some rivnuts and maybe an aluminum plate if I need reinforcement.

The K24 starter (2004 TSX) is 1.6KW and the RSX is 1.1/1.2KW. The K24 starter has an internal solenoid which is ideal and compact... I modified my adapter to fit the K24 starter and I took the grinder to the transmission to clearance the inner edge of the casting to clear the starter snout... the K20 starter IMO is junk.
Attached Images

visbits is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to visbits For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (11-22-2021)