View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 02:12 PM   #9
RyanOlsen05

Drives: 2013 Widebody FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazeroni View Post
Does it occasionally work and go out suddenly? Is there a glowing "steering wheel" light in the dash that stays on?

My Power Steering ECU went at around 50K miles. It was $1200 with parts and labor at the dealer. The part online is like $500, the rest is labor. Not sure if you can fix it yourself. I believe part of the labor was having to calibrate it with the Toyota computer, but I'm not totally sure.

In my case, the power steering would work, then randomly go out while driving. Turning off and on the car fixed it temporarily. I did ask them to check the codes before they did anything, but they said the car wouldn't show anything if it was hardware. It didn't. They actually had to leave the car running for about 2 hours before it faulted on its own so they could guarantee it was the ECU because the car didn't log any problems.

The power steering light on the dash is on. The power steering never worked, even for the previous owner. Is it common for the power steering ecu to go out? ( for reference it has 137,000km or roughly 85,000 miles)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyanOlsen05 is offline   Reply With Quote