View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 04:26 AM   #10
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur View Post
Oh I have OFT. So a tune is not in question. I’ve just heard mixed feelings about running E85. So I am trying to gather as much data as I can before I make the switch.

And how much of a difference would I feel? I have Tomei UEL, catless, Remark exhaust, and I’m running a stage 2+ Tune with OFT. So if I switch to E85 and the OFT tune, will I notice the difference?
Lol, how do you run the resonatorless remark exhaust, fully catless? Are your ears not constantly bleeding I can’t even imagine how loud that setup would be.

Anyway I have tomei UELs and have ran e85 for around 8000km. I have OFT but am using Wayne Roms e85 time. I’ll be honest I didn’t notice a huge different over OFT uel petrol tune but that might be as a result of me taking it very easy the first 200kms of driving and I may have forgotten what it previously felt like.

I’ve had no issues with it mechanically, car runs fine and doesn’t really feel that slow. I’m in cold weather right now and the car has never required more than 2 cranks to cold start. Still it only really pulls when you’re in 1st or 2nd. It still feels like the RPMs pause for a split second at 4K RPM. Also it’s likely just my tune running lean, but I noticed switching to e85 my exhaust sound changed slightly. Rumbled more and backfired more aggressively on petrol compared to e85 tune

I haven’t done a 0-60/ 0-100 yet but I would estimate around 6 seconds
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote