cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
I'm not sure about the details on personal information, but in a number of places the local authorities have set up drop-in centers. No appointment needed.

I'm skeptical of the efficacy of door to door canvasing as well as positive or negative inducements. I'm still leaning toward analogman's approach. If you show up at the hospital with covid and are unvaccinated you go to the end of the line and will have to pay for treatment out of pocket.

I suspect that will increase the body count among the unvaxed and serve as 1) an object lesson on the costs of pig headedness and 2) provide an incentive for the unvaxed to seek out vaccination.

The unwanted vaccine would be better used if sent to other countries who 1) are in a crisis situation and 2) have populations that want the vaccine. The US is, I think, something of a macrocosim of this board, and as we've seen here, you're wasting your breath trying to shame or persuade these people into doing the right thing.
Socialized medicine in the US is being uninsured and showing up anyhow. Taxpayers foot the bill, but at much higher rates than if there were insurance for everyone paid with tax dollars...

I think we need to put them in quarantine camps. Separate the kids for their safety.