ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese

Drives: 15 BRZ
Thanked 7,018 Times in 2,338 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
TIL from my twin mechanic in California that he can no longer sell performance injectors, or fuel pumps, and other engine performance stuff, and California is starting to doing ECU integrity checks with smog. Manufacturers are refusing to sell performance parts to shops in California because of legal pressure and lawsuit liability from California. So, probably coming to a state near you soon. The days of tuning street cars is slowly coming to an end.
It's weird. The BRZ is the first car I've modified the engine on and I probably won't do it to another. However, I've been following both this and the EPA going after people who sell tuning software; even those who do sell for racing use only. Something I felt passionate enough about that I did send an email (based off a template) to my local congressman in support of the RPM act. Sadly the only thing it achieved is now my inbox gets spammed with partisan BS and outright lies about everything that crosses the house and senate. With no way to opt out.
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScoobsMcGee For This Useful Post:
Spuds (06-30-2021), Ultramaroon (07-01-2021)