Old 06-19-2021, 11:55 PM   #25
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Squadrito View Post
Someone did make that suggestion on another forum about early stages of the CV going bad. No issues on turns. At least none that I notice. Doesn't seem to make all that much of a difference but adjusting the clutch to be shorter does. which brings me back to the clutch because the transmission wasn't having problems getting into gear at all and wasn't grinding except during the same type of accelleration but adjusting it lower and it was having the problem all the time instead of just on hills... but I may be imagining that because I was pushing the car a bit harder in stages during the adjustment to try to see where the limits of the adjustment were.
I am not too familiar with symptoms of clutch adjustment as I have never bothered doing so, but here's a quick quote I just pulled off some website.

"For the clutch to work efficiently, the right amount of play in the linkage between the clutch pedal and clutch fork (or release arm) is necessary. If not enough free play exists, a slipping clutch will result."

I know you said you started to play around with it a bit to see how it behaves, have you made the attempt to adjust it back to stock?
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote