View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 11:41 PM   #24
T_Squadrito

Drives: White 2014 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
Unlikely suspension related, because that wouldn't explain any clutch slipping. Definitely shouldn't be exhaust related, as that is in a totally different department, unless there's just some additional unrelated sounds happening from that at the same time. Axle is a possibility. Scraping is unprobeable due to first two reasons. I may have missed you mention that you experience it on turns before... two things - could be differential or bad CV joint. CV joint issues should cause other symptoms that you don't seem to experience, so I'd lean more toward a differential problem?
Someone did make that suggestion on another forum about early stages of the CV going bad. No issues on turns. At least none that I notice. Doesn't seem to make all that much of a difference but adjusting the clutch to have shorter travel does. which brings me back to the clutch because the transmission wasn't having problems getting into gear at all and wasn't grinding except during the same type of accelleration but adjusting it lower and it was having the problem all the time instead of just on hills... but I may be imagining that because I was pushing the car a bit harder in stages during the adjustment to try to see where the limits of the adjustment were.

Last edited by T_Squadrito; 06-19-2021 at 11:54 PM.
T_Squadrito is offline   Reply With Quote