Old 06-19-2021, 11:32 PM   #23
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Squadrito View Post
Yest @Ultramaroon was the one who suggested my initial description as being from the fluid change but it has since evolved so maybe he can way in. I linked to a video where you can hear it in my first post and somewhere near the end of the first page. The part that is putting me off is, I find so many people having the exact same sound but nothing that I am experiencing is ticking every box. Could be suspension related but I am not having any other related symptoms. could be axle related but no clicking. Could be exhaust related but no loose bolts. Could be scraping but nothing is misaligned behind the brakes. Could be transmission but it only happens on hils and turns but although I can, I struggle to simulate it on flat ground. When it does happen on flat ground it is way less of an issue. No apparent leaks. I noticed SOME issue before my adjustment but nothing serious and all other problems I thought I was having was easily remedied with the fluid change. This is a head scratcher.
Unlikely suspension related, because that wouldn't explain any clutch slipping. Definitely shouldn't be exhaust related, as that is in a totally different department, unless there's just some additional unrelated sounds happening from that at the same time. Axle is a possibility. Scraping is unprobeable due to first two reasons. I may have missed you mention that you experience it on turns before... two things - could be differential or bad CV joint. CV joint issues should cause other symptoms that you don't seem to experience, so I'd lean more toward a differential problem?
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote