View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 01:45 PM   #1
BoxerRumble

Drives: 2015 Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Is there OFT tune for Stg 2+with Grimmspeed & 94 Octane?

Hello, I got this 2015 Blue BRZ. It seems to have come with some sort of tablet.

The other day I downloaded the latest software for the Open Flash Tablet, and upgraded the tablet's firmware. I backed up any image files that came on the tablet, and downloaded the latest ones (although the versions seems to be the same as already on the tablet, I think 4.03). I then reflashed the car to Stage 2 Plus (nonE85), so the 3rd one in the list. It all worked great.

I have a ticket in with the Open Flash company, but while waiting to hear back, perhaps you can clarify some things I am confused about.

1) I read about a Stage 1 Grimmspeed tune. Is there a Grimmspeed tune for Stage 2 Plus? I understand the MAF mappings are quite similar to stock, so it may not make much difference, but I would like to make maximal use out of every last tweak I can, even if I only gain 1 horsepower!

2) The prior owne ran 91 octane gas. Locally I cannot get E85 however I can get 94 octane. I have read that that the stock Stage 2 tune is for 91, but I have also heard about a Stage 2 tune for 93? If so, where can I download it?

The prior owner told me that after flashing the standard tune, the car "learns" your mods and driving style and takes advantage of them.. and I get that. I read somewhere that the software will sense your better octane levels and adapt accordingly. That is great to know, but if there happens to be a similar tune available that is already written for 93 octane, that might be an even better place to start from, no?

3) I am considering replacing the stock overpipe (OP) and front pipe (FP) with an aftermarket one, such as the JDL UQFP with 1 hi flo cat and 1 resonator (2.5" version), or the HKS dual resonated FP. The owner told me if I did that, I would eliminate the restriction of both the stock cat and the smaller diameter of the stock OP and FP. That is great. Except.. would the OFT Stage 2 Plus tune be able to sense that also, and adapt, so that I would gain more horsepower? Or would the difference be so minimal that my $700 invested wouldn't be worth it?

Last edited by BoxerRumble; 07-27-2021 at 11:14 PM.
BoxerRumble is offline   Reply With Quote