alphasaur
friendly

Drives: 17' 86
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP BRZ View Post
Hey Yall,
Back browsing the forums after an extended break in modifying my 2014 BRZ.

Been thinking recently about taking the leap to corn to produce a bit more power. Other than the bolt on exhaust and cold air intake currently installed purchasing a Flex Fuel kit, & an E-tune seems like the best “bang for my buck” as far as adding a few more horses under the hood.
A couple of questions I had for anyone with more knowledge on the subject / industry then me!

I have an Open flash tablet already, it would be nice to get a flex fuel kit that can be easy tuned using the OFT.
So, my first stop was OFT, I know they used to make a kit (and also have a sort of “off the shelf” tune for it) but it seems they are not making that kit anymore? Can anyone confirm? I know Shiv used to be a regular around here but I believe that activity has waned.
I see that Delicious tuning sells a kit labeled as an “OFT” kit, but as far as I can tell Open Flash requires you to be running the OFT kit to receive there off the shelf flex fuel tune. (That is not available) so I’d still need a custom E-tune from Open Flash that cost upwards of $300

Would it just be better to bite the bullet an go with Delicious’s EcuTek flex fuel tune?
I went with motoeast's flex kit including the ecutek. It was around $1200 I believe but you can recoup some cost from selling the OFT. There's certainly more support with ecutek.
Dzmitry (06-18-2021)