View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 09:09 PM   #16
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,485 Times in 6,179 Posts
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Both times I drove in the snow on stock tires, I did not make it to where I was going. As everyone else is saying, a lot depends on your tires. For a rwd car, it's very forgiving. Long wheelbase, narrow tires, and forward weight distribution makes it pretty easy to control even beyond the limit of grip if you don't panic. Main problem in the snow is traction on hills, which may or may not be a problem for you.

Only time I lost control of the car was in the rain driving much quicker than I should have been on a twisty road (I was young, stupid, and apparently lucky that I didn't hit anything or fall into the river...). A reasonable speed on any road is no problem at all in the rain.

It seems to hold up well against rust. I found a little bit at the edges of the front subframe (which I corrected and repainted) and a little bit on some bracket in the rear wheel well, but nothing particularly concerning.

No common defects I know of for 2020 cars, or 2022, but nobody knows much about those yet.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (05-25-2021), Spektyr (06-20-2021)