humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,954 Times in 16,478 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolioBenzina View Post
Maybe they grew up? Sorry...

You'll have better luck in the Software Tuning forum.

Ahhhh.......yep -

Why would anyone want their car to "pop and bang" -

Back in the day, there were two kinds of cars that "popped & banged", cars that the timing was all out of whack and the others that the driver turned off the ignition and then back on real quick - that would cause a big "bang" and if done several times could blow the muffler off the car - and then it would sound really bad ass. -

Which reminds me of a back in the day story when I modified my old 1937 Chevrolet pick-up truck (like the one in the picture below). Yep, I opened up the "intake side" with the addition of two more single barrel carbs and opened up the exhaust side with a "humfrz built" set of headers.

Yep, the "headers" were four, 2" X 2' pieces of water pipes welded to flanges that were bolted to the block. Oh, yes, I ran with the hood open on that side so that the pipes would clear.

@Tcoat , have I told this story before? -

Anyways, I'll finish it ...... again. I was cruising down this county road in Ohio, making that sucker "pop & bang", when out of nowhere came this Ohio State Highway Patrol car with red lights flashing. I pulled over and turned off the engine. The patrolman came up and asked be for my drivers license and started to write me up for many many things.

He was standing right beside the engine (on the exhaust side) when he told me to fire it up. I figured I was already screwed so I decided to have a little fun. The 3 carbs were hooked up with straight linkage so when I pumped the gas a couple of times and mashed the gas pedal to the floor and fired that mother up, FLAMES shot straight out of the four exhaust pipes - right at the officer.

He jumped back with a might surprise, flinging his pen and tablet in the ditch and let out a big yell. After he regained his composure he asked me where I lived - I told him two farms on down the road.

He yelled at me to "DRIVE THAT PIECE OF SHIT" on down to the farm and he never wants to see me or "THAT PIECE OF SHIT" on his roads again!

THE END
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
BRZoomTX (05-04-2021), Clipdat (04-27-2021), daiheadjai (04-26-2021), gkubed (04-26-2021), MICHAEL450f (04-25-2021), saltywetman (04-25-2021), soundman98 (04-25-2021), spike021 (05-10-2021), Tcoat (04-25-2021), wbradley (04-25-2021), ZDan (04-27-2021)