View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 12:00 PM   #151
Transport3r

Drives: -
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest72 View Post
No fanboy here, I bought the 16 BRZ in auto as a commuter that gets 33mpg with header and tune mods. I have a long highway commute. Is the car fast no, but it’s fast enough, just get the revs up. Also it’s cheap and dead reliable for the last 5 years. This car is about feel, it’s light and toss-able like a go-kart, best car for going 50mph on twisty roads. I have an 04 WRX, 18 Acura RDX and a 17IS300 on my driveway as well and all can pull on this car all day long, until you hit some turns. But none are as much fun. So that Z for sure will pull harder and that is fun as well, but the handling will suffer or what I call the feel from the weight.

Neither is wrong and both are fun, it’s just a personal choice about what you want out of the car.

Another example is people buy old air cooled porsches for the feel, as they are slow compared to any new Porsche. In fact I know many that have driven both and those that like straight line speed and comfort hate the old ones. Those that like the light go-kart feel like the air cooled. Both are fun and it’s hard to get both in one package at a reasonable price.

This. Sports car vs performance car. Feel vs numbers. The BRZ is a better sports car, the Z is a better performance car. Not everyone appreciates or even notices the feel of a sports car, and that’s okay. That’s also why numbers rule for most people. It’s easy to report on numbers and compare brochures and instrumented tests.
Transport3r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Transport3r For This Useful Post:
timurrrr (04-30-2021), Willpower (04-23-2021)