Old 02-27-2021, 01:00 PM   #38
mrg666
pessimistic skeptic

Drives: '14 FR-S Monogram AT JRSC
Thanked 1,042 Times in 687 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
For a standalone FI application, I think the Control Box is a must. The on/off switch can be cheap but getting a sudden full boost after a threshold does not sound like a good driving experience. I would prefer the boost to be proportional to throttle level for a consistent driving experience. I also don't know how long the power box can sustain the full boost. It wouldn't be fun to wait for the next boost available after each charge. Though, I would think the battery charge will be a problem if the compressor runs continuously proportional to throttle level. And, when charge is not available for boost or compressor is waiting for switch to turn on, there should be a bypass valve so that natural air flow is not restricted by the dysfunctional compressor. If the price comes closer to $4000 with tuning and cost of Control Box, Edelbrock or Jackson Racing packages are definitely better deals. This is more suitable for working as a supplement in sync with turbo to eliminate the boost lag instead of a stand-alone FI solution.
mrg666 is offline   Reply With Quote