View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 10:31 PM   #21
kask2_6.0

Drives: 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbean View Post
Ill be honest and say i have not heard one complaint from the sikky kit besides maybe when running the tr6060 and how you have to massage the tunnel and if you use their relocation shifter the amount of material that needs to cut off. If you dont mind sharing your cons im open ears
I think that their engine and trans mount design is very nice but I think the compromises they made to the header to allow for left or right hand drive aren't great. I'm not a fan of offsetting the steering rack to one side and I think the header is too close to the brake and fuel lines for a car that sees track time. Maybe there isn't any room with the engine being so far back for a different header design? If I were to use the Sikky setup I would either go with custom headers or move the brake and fuel lines elsewhere or both. And like you mentioned the shifter offset isn't ideal either.

With the Vorshlag setup the biggest con is the engine is a bit forward versus the sikky mounts. Other than that everything seems pretty nice.
kask2_6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote