Old 11-23-2020, 11:55 PM   #785
JesseG

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All-New 2022 Subaru BRZ Makes Global Debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
I have no clue... well I can guess what's gonna happen, but it's not official from Toyota/Subaru.

Lack of passion doesn't mean, there isn't a greedy ppl who wants some honey out of this car. Sound mean to say it, but hearing some of the back end stuff makes me sad. This is what happens when passionate staffs get pushed & shoved around. Higher up greedy ppl put "Yes sir" staffs to work on it instead of passionate staffs. Giving some of the engineers who kept that passion for this gen gets some props, cuz they really did work hard to make pointless shit out of this car much as they can. Early last yr info I heard was totally nightmare... but they def turn things around.

86/BRZ have been pushed around by both parents. BRZ have always been unwanted from Subaru. While Toyota was advertising 86 like mad crazy... But you know one yr Subaru start pushing BRZ more and more, while Toyota kinda fade away? Yeah... wonder why coughnextgenteamdecidedcough

Hopefully next gen will see some stage... but only time will tell.

As always, I love to hear your inputs, and thank you for giving us a little insight. I know you can’t get more specific than what you tell us, but it is important to me and many on here. [emoji106]
We are all here because we are passionate about the FR-S, 86, and BRZ. I’m a lifelong Subaru nerd, I spent more time on NASIOC than I can count. [emoji28] When this platform was announced, it was literally a dream come true knowing both Subaru and Toyota would be working on it. And yeah, it’s lived up to my expectations. Could it have been a little faster? Of course. But I can feel the passion that went into this car every time I drive it. It’s unlike anything else in this price range. The car industry is tough, and I think I can safely guess Toyota and Subaru haven’t become rich from this car.
I will be supporting Subaru with my next purchase. Most likely a 2nd gen BRZ. I know this car wouldn’t exist without Toyota’s input, but I like the continued support that Subaru has given this platform. They build it and are way more invested (in my opinion). I think you touched on something very interesting. Toyota sort of led the charge for the initial FR-S/BRZ, but it feels like they almost immediately veered off the battlefield, and left Subaru to fight. I’m not happy with how Toyota will only partner with someone else to build a sports car. How can Mazda do it alone? Nissan? Ford? Chevrolet? Porsche? Dodge?!! Nissan should be planning on building electric CUV’s not the 400Z, and I fu**ing love it!! [emoji3][emoji106] I don’t want to sound like I don’t think Toyota isn’t changing things, and focusing on fun to drive cars. But they sound like the ultimate rule by committee company. All Japanese companies have had to scale things back for a long time, and I totally get that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JesseG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseG For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (11-24-2020), ichitaka05 (11-23-2020)