View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 11:08 AM   #18
James H

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallen View Post
I briefly looked at these. Very cool for what they are, but not what I was looking for. Its more of a luxury sedan that goes fast, which is great if that's what you want. I was after light, nimble and low, raw, old school sports car.
The More and more horsepower plus heavier and heavier formula is getting old. It's the car manufacturers getting lazy and brainwashing consumers into thinking lower 0-60 and higher bhp is better. Instead of enjoying the art of driving, they got car enthusiast comparing miliseconds in 0-60 time as if its the length of their manhood! It takes effort and it's an art to build an agile, nimble fun car. Anyone can just dial up the boost or throw in a bigger engine to make a car go fast.
And most of time you are not even touching 10% of the bhp because the computer cuts back the power behind the scene. If you doubt this, took an old 80s rwd car with zero computer nanny and 100bhp and drive it like a maniac and see how quicker you will spin out.
For me, I don't even drool over the newer Ferrari after the F355. Would take a 308 over a 458 anyday. Enjoy the car. It doesn't matter if your car is slower to 60 by 0.0000001 second compared to your neighbors.
James H is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to James H For This Useful Post:
pallen (11-21-2020)