View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 10:28 PM   #3099
MR2Dave
Poop train conductor

Drives: 2015 BRZ Ice Silver Metallic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another one?

2015 BRZ manual, 44500 miles, last six 6070XX, Sacramento CA area.

The low mileage is in part because I bought new old stock in 2016, and part the rona had me commuting less this year (but the open roads were tits, just sayin). I'm not ruling out that maybe she just doesn't like sitting still for a week "in these unpresidented times".

It manifested on the way to work and I didn't have anything with me to read codes, but I got the low stumbling idle (nearly stalled), same lights on the dash (slip was on but I didn't see it flash), and it was clearly in limp mode.

After finding and reading a small portion of this thread; I pulled the negative terminal for about four hours. At first the throttle response was garbage and it was down on power (relearn, I assume). It took a good 5 miles for it to start to run right again, but within 30 miles it felt 90% normal.

Its been about 75 miles since the reset and the rough idle and idiot lights haven't come back yet. The throttle response still isn't what it used to be, the first 5-10% of the pedal is just dead, but I'm guessing I can fix that with a diagnostic tool in the worst case.

I fed it 8 gallons of fresh premium (what passes for it in cali anyhow) and "I'm still gonna send it". We'll see if the pedal unfornicates itself before it needs fuel again. I've only got 2k miles on the motor oil, but I'll probably drain it and send a sample to blackstone next week because I pre-paid for a bunch of analysis when I bought the car and then used one.

If the issue occurs again I'll read codes now that I'm aware of it. I'll update this post when something changes.

*update 30 Nov 2020
A tank of fuel later everything was back to normal and I haven't had an issue since.

I think this was my bad. I swapped the stock battery for a Shorai a while back and had no issues... when the car was being driven more regularly. This year its been sitting more. I plugged in the battery tender a week ago and it was low. Gonna stay on top of that now.

Last edited by MR2Dave; 12-01-2020 at 01:06 AM. Reason: update
MR2Dave is offline   Reply With Quote