View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 02:45 PM   #137
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
It is confirmed - we found more time in Q3. Totemo with a 2:41 and me with a 2:42 flat. I was trending a 2:41 twice with an interruption either in the kink or Canada corner.

A big shoutout here to FlatOut Motorsports and Nick L. for doing some coaching with us. We showed us his video and compared our data and with no other changes showed us both were to readily find 1+ seconds. We are hopeful to be able to break into the 2:40's and challenge places 5-8.

We haven't touched sticker tires yet and expect to find time in those as well. We have both chosen to start tomorrow morning (8:15am cst) on sticker A7s (instead of R7s) due to the long straights and an expected ambient temperature around 47f. With all this, we are hopeful we can find another couple positions prior to checkered flag. It's racing - you're always 'hopeful' right!?

The Dark Horse of the race will be Chi Ho from Dynasty who brought a 2014 BMW 320i which is in its debut at the runoffs. It has FI and lots of rubber and since it hasn't been seen yet, therefore the SCCA hasn't had a chance to 'BOP' it. We also noticed that he avoids the curbs, leaving time on the table so we suspect he could be much faster than his qualifying time suggests. Since the SCCA has BOP'd the 86 multiple times now, I'm personally hoping either Chi Ho (BMW) or Borden (MX-5) win so the SCCA will leave the 86's alone.
femaledog (10-11-2020), Hades (10-10-2020), NoHaveMSG (10-10-2020), Rampage (10-10-2020)