View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 07:00 AM   #76
tweedbean

Drives: White GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
Beautiful job. You have every right to be bursting with pride over that.

If you don't mind, let us know how the tail lights hold up. I quite like the look of them, but can't find much out there on reliability.
Thanks appreciate that. So far all is good with the tail lights, no issues. The car is parked under a car port most of the time so pretty sheltered from the british weather but not seen an issues with water ingress/condensation etc. LED's in them are spot on and fit/finish seems perfect on them so far/

In all honesty I was disappointed with the Borla UEL in terms of the sound difference, I thought it would be more dramatic, however thats easily sorted. To hear the rumble that UEL puts out, I decided to go for an Invidia N1 catback exhaust, which I collected from a nice guy on the GT86 parts facebook page. Really helpful and the exhaust is in great condition. Only gripe with it is someone has taken what looks like wire wool or sand paper to the tips to give them a brushed look which didnt come on the N1. That should be an easy fix and for the price I paid, I cant complain. I have some polishing discs on the way to get the entire thing looking like new in no time and from what I read online should restore the polished finish on the 4" tips. While collecting the exhaust I noticed a tuning developments decat front pipe 30 mins away so I decide to collect that while I was there, gives me the choice to fit to my requirements if needed as that was a decent price too.

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

Here you can see the sort of brush finish on the tips vs the rest of the tail pipe:

by James Baker, on Flickr

Also my amp and wiring kit arrived this week, I've got to find some time to fit that too. According to JL Audio, I managed to get one of the first JD amps in the UK which is nice:

I went for 100% the oxygen-free copper (OFC) wiring kit this time, heard good things and didn't cost much more:

Clocking up the miles in this now, finding every excuse to drive it at the moment, gone through 2 tanks of petrol in the last few weeks, more than I think I've use in the past 4 months.