Old 08-13-2020, 08:02 PM   #79
mike2100

Drives: 23 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
Yes, those are definitely Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. And they appear to be 225/40/18, which will enhance the comfort/stability over bumps and give it more grip while still being agile. With the increase in torque from a presumably 2.4 liter engine, they could use a slightly taller and wider tire and still get it to slide a bit. I have the PS4S in stock size on my BRZ and can still get it to slide when I want but it has plenty of grip in the dry or wet so it's a very good fit for the car in my opinion.

It seems this car is very similar to the current models. However, it does look just a bit larger this time, possibly to compensate for a turbo model. However, there's no way this particular model has a turbo. There would be a cutout for the intercooler on the hood if it was top mounted or it would be more obvious in the front. But judging from the size of that opening, they may be considering a front mount intercooler in the future. They would also likely use bigger rear tires as a performance 2.4L turbo in a light car would be a beast, even with good tires (Porsche Cayman territory).

I hope they make a proper STI turbo model this time. I still have mixed feelings about turbos but I do kind of miss that mid range torque and noise that turbos make. But the 2.4L will likely address that torque dip and make the engine feel a little more inline with other performance cars.
Scoop not required for TMIC. See Outback XT, Ascent, and previous generation Forester XT